Coach: Erik Ages
Captain: Holly Rhodes
Co-captain: Keith Tomlinson
Team goals and a brief description:
- FGPC Momentum is a mixed 50 plus team who paddle out of the Fairway Gorge Paddling Club.
- The team’s focus is to train hard and to learn and adapt to coaching techniques from coach Erik Ages.
- While Momentum is considered a recreational team, their dedication and hard work have led to Competitive results with each new season. Outside training is a large part of the team’s goal setting. That includes gym time, winter paddling, (both outrigger and dragonboat) as well as many other sports.
- The Team’s Collective Positive Energy is the key to success while having fun.
What is Momentum?
- The strength or force that something has when it is moving which allows it to move forward, or to grow stronger or faster as time passes.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. Additional Saturday practices will be added for 55+ BC Games.
2020 Season Races:
- FGPC Super Sprints
- FGPC Fairway Gorge Festival
- Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival
- Victoria Dragon Boat Festival
- 55+ BC Senior Games
Momentum is always looking for dedicated paddlers who have a competitive spirit and want to contribute to a great team environment.
Contact the club for the team’s email information.