2020 Fairway Gorgefest – June 13, 2020 (deferred to 2021)
Gorge Fest 2021 will be held on 12 June 2021. Decisions that affect each FGPC-hosted race follow a consistent timeline that you can monitor, available HERE.
In order to provide our paddlers and teams with additional certainty, we have scheduled and secured dates for our races and festivals in 2021. These event dates are available HERE, and 2021 registrations open on 15 July 2020 at early bird rates until 15 April 2021, first come, first served.
CLICK HERE for a detailed description of FGPC’s strategy in the climate of COVID-19.
2021 Fairway Gorgefest – June 12, 2021
This is a fun but competitive event! Races and festival activities will be held on and adjacent to Victoria’s beautiful Gorge Waterway. A variety of food choices, music and other activities. In addition, the 500-meter dragon boat races (a guaranteed 3 races per team) will result in gold, silver and bronze medals for championship finals!
- Fee are as follows:
- 2020 and Early Bird 2021: $760 including GST
Location: Fairway Gorge Paddling Club, 2940 Jutland Road, Victoria BC.
- Teams will be registered on a first come, first served basis; if registration fills before the two weeks prior to the event your crew will be waitlisted.
- FGPC Staff Sterns and Drummers will be available for $100 per staff person. Adding a staff drum or stern to your team is an option for convenience or last minute emergency; we cannot guarantee that a team will win in exchange for hiring a member of our race staff.
- Please complete and submit the form below no later than two weeks before the event.
- Note that male drummers and sterns are permitted for women’s teams. All paddlers must be female.
Festival Cancellation/Refund Policy
There will be 25% administrative fee for all withdrawals. The final date to withdraw a team from the festival is two weeks before the event. There will be no refunds of any type after this date, including if the festival is cancelled due to safety reasons.