Since the Fairway Gorge Paddling Club (FGPC) opened its doors and its docks in 2014, the club has produced nearly 100 races and festivals and provided more than 100,000 individual start-line experiences for paddlers from across Vancouver Island, the Pacific Northwest, and around the world.
On August 6-8, 2021, we’re launching the inaugural Vancouver Island Dragon Boat Festival in Victoria’s spectacular harbour network. This exciting weekend of racing draws on FGPC’s experience running many of Vancouver Island’s signature dragon boat festivals, along with innovations garnered through the hands-on experiences of FGPC’s production team at race venues around the world. The 2021 VIDBF will challenge local, regional and international teams across competitive and recreational divisions over a number of exciting formats, including:
- Competitive and recreational championships with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd-place finishes in women’s, mixed and open divisions
- Inaugural medals and collector consolation pins
- Guts-&-Glory 1500m races for women’s and mixed teams
- Challenge races for breast cancer survivor teams, corporate teams and senior teams (50+)
- Site-wide cultural and popular entertainment and amenities, including international foods, stage performances and family-oriented amusements
- REGISTER EARLY by clicking HERE